Spriters Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project

5 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Should this project continue or not?

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 0

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Midnight Bliss and Shock Project

Post  Street Fighter Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:35 am

That first pic doesn't show any image. Only I can see that MB Marrow.

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Midnight Bliss and Shock Project

Post  Xenomic Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:59 pm

What pic are you talking about now...???

Hiya people! Guess what? I have SOME motivation to do something! What's that? It's not a Midnight Bliss, oddly enough. Instead, it's fixing up a shock sprite that I think really REALLY needs it....but who you wonder? Well....it's just Lilith's shock from Darkstalkers. Why hers? Because I don't like how it looks originally. I was motivated into doing this (aside from talking to Blue Blood about her project in her thread) by Jesuszilla's fix-up of Felicia's shock sprite....comparisons so far....

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 00Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Shock00

First is original, second is edited. What's different you ask? Only the face, since that's really the only issue I have with THIS particular shock sprite. HOWEVER, the main part is fixing up the X-Ray sprite...

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 01

That's the original sprite. If I can actually MOTIVATE myself enough, I'mma try to fix that up to look...well....better! For which Lilith? Who knows! Could be used for ANY of em for all I care! Just trying something to motivate myself! Hopefully I'll have a bit more progress later tonight on the actual Shock itself, but if anyone wants to help with that face on the first one, go for it. That's the best I could do, but even I feel that it's....awkward and doesn't fit right.

Until later tonight I hope~

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:36 pm

Welp~

I have come to the conclusion that I really CANNOT do any spriting at all now. Am I complaining and moaning about it? Nope. But I am going to have to step down from doing any spriting for this project at all. I have no patience to do shocks now, and I cannot do anything but drains for Midnight Blisses, so I am not of much use for this project otherwise. However! This does not mean I am closing it. Everyone is still welcome to help out in it if they so desire. Just don't expect me to do anything here myself unless I get a grabbed sprite to work from (which I have at least ONE that I can do...I suppose).

So if anyone wants to take over this project, go for it. All up to you guys~

For those wondering what made me make this decision...well, I tried to work on fixing up Lilith's shock....couldn't do it at all. Then I was like "Screw this! I'mma do my own sprite again like I did with Mina!"...and went to try one for Maori. Was working....to a degree. Then tried to do one for Rimururu...which didn't work at all. Was more messy than anything else. I MAY still try to do Maori over the others....but whether or not I even do that...we'll see....I may post later tonight on what I do with her if I do so~

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:10 am

And because I'm a stubborn old coop....

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Maori1

Yes, I actually went through and tried to do this (using a Vanguard Princess shock sprite as a base, because lord if I can do this without any bases), and I have to say, it's not turning out half bad. Original sprite for comparison.

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Maori1-1

Hmmm....maybe I'm not as bad as I thought....then again, I am using a base so that ain't saying much~

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:33 pm

Well! Funny that I wanted to make a shock, and Aionos is able to come back! And with something really well done!

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Mamiya-Shocking-InvertMidnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Mamiya-Shock-Hair

Shock animation for Mamiya! I must say....Aionos....you have vastly improved since when you first came onto this project, and I'm happy to see that you have as well ^^

The entire sheet done by Aionos~

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 MamiyaShockSprites

Yes, this will be the first shock for the next pack too, just like how Sky79's Marrow MB will be the first Midnight Bliss of this pack~

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:04 pm

And another done by Aionos~

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Maori-Shocking-InvertMidnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Maori-Shocking-Hair

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 MaoriShockSprites

Personally, this is probably one of my favorites out of all of the ones he's done, right up there with that Koakuma shock he did~

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:36 am

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 KoakumaShock3Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Athena03shockMidnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Shock00-1

That is all. That should be a hint as to what I'm doing right now. Sure, it's not Midnight Blisses like I SHOULD BE DOING....but it's SOMETHING I thought people might enjoy. If anything, trying to motivate myself into working lol...

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:26 am

Anything is better than nothing. Keep going, mate, your job is truly appreciated. Wink
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:50 pm

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Kula3shockMidnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Shock4Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 IrohaShock4Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Shock4-1Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 04Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 NakoruruShock6Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Shock3

Why is this so fun all of a sudden!? A lot was copy/paste from sprites with minor fixing up, but still! It's just....really fun to do this. I'm confused by it...now if only I had more fun doing everything else I do lol x_x

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:29 pm

And new one from Aionos, this time Ayako Yuuki from Variable Geo~

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Ayako-Shocking-2Frame
Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Ayako-Shocking-Hair
Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Ayako-Shocking-Invert
Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 AyakoShockSprites

Weeee~ And still looking for more who wish to help. Hell, at this point I wouldn't mind people finishing off sprites for me now. Shows how lazy I am nowadays ^^;;

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:14 am

This last one is very good. Extra points for being of a character from a series largely ignored by the mainstream community.

Even while I haven't tried drawing skeletons before, I'm thinking about giving it a shot.

Xenomic wrote:Shows how lazy I am nowadays ^^;;
Hehe, don't worry, you're not the only one. Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Embarassedlaughen6
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:06 pm

If anything, it's a good way of getting insight on anatomy and whatnot. I'd say go for it if you think you can do it. Personally, I don't think it's TOO hard, but some parts of it is hardish (for me anyways). I was surprised when he started doing shocks for Variable Geo characters (first Miranda, then Ayako). Waiting to see who he does next~

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:15 pm

So yeah! Still haven't done jack, I know! We ALL know how that is by this point in time. However, I do believe I have a nice idea of a Midnight Bliss for little Sanae~ And to be honest, I don't see how I missed this completely. It's so obvious! >_<

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 F583512939e24ccd05acc2e1a1348cb4bb02712d

Totally works I think. I just need to well...actually sprite it (or have someone help on it). This may get me working again on these too, even if I don't mess with MUGEN much anymore lol.

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:57 pm

Next up....by Aionos....Hinako~

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Th_Hinako-Shocking-2Frame

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Hinako-Shocking-Invert

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Hinako-Shocking-Hair-1

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 HinakoShockSprites-1

Mmm...wasn't expecting this at all! And you don't see frontal views very often when it comes to these kinds of things either~

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:21 pm

This Hinako turned out very good and interesting.

Aionos certainly did a splendid job.
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:49 am

And now a new Midnight Bliss by Sky79, this one for Rera~

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 ReraMB

Download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/qv01vd

This will also be included in the next pack, whenever THAT is.

And yeah, Aionos really has improved over the past year with this project. If you want Igniz, you can even try this on the project. While yes, it's nice to have these shocks and stuff for the project, I also have people help for the secondary effect of having them improve themselves. Spriting is a form of art, and the only way to get better at art is to keep practicing. If anything, shocks help with anatomy in a way. Same with Midnight Blisses if you look at it that way~ But that's up to you so~

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:59 pm

And then suddenly....Tekkanon from nowhere with a new shock for Nobuko~

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Nobuko_electrocuted_by_xenomic-d35pn4o

Probably my favorite from him yet~

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:38 am

Indeed. The 3rd frame looks just plain great.

[quote="Xenomic"]If you want Igniz, you can even try this on the project. [...] But that's up to you so[quote]I'm willong to, but I've also been busy with some portraits, fonts and stages that havebeen on the works for a looong time now. Plus, I still haven't obtained MB/Shock sprites that I feel comfortable with - the few that I have experimented with are not good enought yet. But I'll keep on trying.

Xenomic wrote:Spriting is a form of art
You said it, buddy. Even if there's people saying the contrary, we know that it is true.
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:28 pm

At least you're still trying with them, unlike me who's pretty much given up on doing Shocks altogether and not working on MBs~ lol. But that's my fault so eh! Someday I'll get back to it....someday...

In the meantime, uploaded everything from this project I do believe to my DeviantArt, save for some sprites so...

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:34 pm

New one by Aionos! This one for the big bad boss, Mildred Avallone~ Another surprise for me!

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Mildred-Avallone-Shocking-Invert

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Mildred-Avallone-Hair

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Mildred-Avallone-2Frame

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 MildredAvalloneShockSprites

Also, Miranda's shocks don't wanna work right with Aomura's Miranda. Haven't figured out why...the palettes are the same IIRC...>_<

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:05 am

Maybe one has the shared and the other not. Or perhaps it has something to do with the air or some state.

Regarding Mildred's shock, WOW! Aionos has certainly catch the grip of it by now.

Last edited by igniz on Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:30 pm

Which doesn't make sense since in the animation in FF, there's no background, but the main X-Ray sprites are kinda screwy, but in MUGEN, all sprites are fine but the black bg remains. Makes no sense!

And yeah, I think he likes hi-res sprites a LOT now by the looks of things. Though it'll be interesting to see him attempt Mei-Fang, considering she's not human anyways (which he may even try to attempt at that).

Also, I would like to see what you've done, if you'd like to share, just to see if I can't give some feedback on them or whatnot. That's part of the reason how Aionos got better was through criticism (and from him keeping at it as well). But that's up to you so~

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:42 pm

When I make advances (on terms of sprite areas covered) I'll post them for sure. But for now, what I have done is still relatively insignificant to display it here. I'll try to improve during these days and show something in next one or two weeks.
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:49 pm

Will look forward to it, and hopefully I (or anyone else) will be able to help ya out with what to do and whatnot ^^:b

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:38 pm

Thanks, mate, I'll be looking forward to it. Your help will be mostly appreciated. Wink
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next