Spriters Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project

5 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Should this project continue or not?

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 0

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Midnight Bliss and Shock Project

Post  igniz Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:14 am

This last one is very good. Extra points for being of a character from a series largely ignored by the mainstream community.

Even while I haven't tried drawing skeletons before, I'm thinking about giving it a shot.

Xenomic wrote:Shows how lazy I am nowadays ^^;;
Hehe, don't worry, you're not the only one. Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Embarassedlaughen6
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Empty Re: Midnight Bliss and Shock Project

Post  Xenomic Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:06 pm

If anything, it's a good way of getting insight on anatomy and whatnot. I'd say go for it if you think you can do it. Personally, I don't think it's TOO hard, but some parts of it is hardish (for me anyways). I was surprised when he started doing shocks for Variable Geo characters (first Miranda, then Ayako). Waiting to see who he does next~

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:15 pm

So yeah! Still haven't done jack, I know! We ALL know how that is by this point in time. However, I do believe I have a nice idea of a Midnight Bliss for little Sanae~ And to be honest, I don't see how I missed this completely. It's so obvious! >_<

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 F583512939e24ccd05acc2e1a1348cb4bb02712d

Totally works I think. I just need to well...actually sprite it (or have someone help on it). This may get me working again on these too, even if I don't mess with MUGEN much anymore lol.

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:57 pm

Next up....by Aionos....Hinako~

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Th_Hinako-Shocking-2Frame

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Hinako-Shocking-Invert

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Hinako-Shocking-Hair-1

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 HinakoShockSprites-1

Mmm...wasn't expecting this at all! And you don't see frontal views very often when it comes to these kinds of things either~

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:21 pm

This Hinako turned out very good and interesting.

Aionos certainly did a splendid job.
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:49 am

And now a new Midnight Bliss by Sky79, this one for Rera~

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 ReraMB

Download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/qv01vd

This will also be included in the next pack, whenever THAT is.

And yeah, Aionos really has improved over the past year with this project. If you want Igniz, you can even try this on the project. While yes, it's nice to have these shocks and stuff for the project, I also have people help for the secondary effect of having them improve themselves. Spriting is a form of art, and the only way to get better at art is to keep practicing. If anything, shocks help with anatomy in a way. Same with Midnight Blisses if you look at it that way~ But that's up to you so~

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:59 pm

And then suddenly....Tekkanon from nowhere with a new shock for Nobuko~

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Nobuko_electrocuted_by_xenomic-d35pn4o

Probably my favorite from him yet~

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:38 am

Indeed. The 3rd frame looks just plain great.

[quote="Xenomic"]If you want Igniz, you can even try this on the project. [...] But that's up to you so[quote]I'm willong to, but I've also been busy with some portraits, fonts and stages that havebeen on the works for a looong time now. Plus, I still haven't obtained MB/Shock sprites that I feel comfortable with - the few that I have experimented with are not good enought yet. But I'll keep on trying.

Xenomic wrote:Spriting is a form of art
You said it, buddy. Even if there's people saying the contrary, we know that it is true.
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:28 pm

At least you're still trying with them, unlike me who's pretty much given up on doing Shocks altogether and not working on MBs~ lol. But that's my fault so eh! Someday I'll get back to it....someday...

In the meantime, uploaded everything from this project I do believe to my DeviantArt, save for some sprites so...

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:34 pm

New one by Aionos! This one for the big bad boss, Mildred Avallone~ Another surprise for me!

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Mildred-Avallone-Shocking-Invert

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Mildred-Avallone-Hair

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Mildred-Avallone-2Frame

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 MildredAvalloneShockSprites

Also, Miranda's shocks don't wanna work right with Aomura's Miranda. Haven't figured out why...the palettes are the same IIRC...>_<

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:05 am

Maybe one has the shared and the other not. Or perhaps it has something to do with the air or some state.

Regarding Mildred's shock, WOW! Aionos has certainly catch the grip of it by now.

Last edited by igniz on Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:30 pm

Which doesn't make sense since in the animation in FF, there's no background, but the main X-Ray sprites are kinda screwy, but in MUGEN, all sprites are fine but the black bg remains. Makes no sense!

And yeah, I think he likes hi-res sprites a LOT now by the looks of things. Though it'll be interesting to see him attempt Mei-Fang, considering she's not human anyways (which he may even try to attempt at that).

Also, I would like to see what you've done, if you'd like to share, just to see if I can't give some feedback on them or whatnot. That's part of the reason how Aionos got better was through criticism (and from him keeping at it as well). But that's up to you so~

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:42 pm

When I make advances (on terms of sprite areas covered) I'll post them for sure. But for now, what I have done is still relatively insignificant to display it here. I'll try to improve during these days and show something in next one or two weeks.
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:49 pm

Will look forward to it, and hopefully I (or anyone else) will be able to help ya out with what to do and whatnot ^^:b

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:38 pm

Thanks, mate, I'll be looking forward to it. Your help will be mostly appreciated. Wink
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:12 pm

Ok, double time! First off, we have um.....let's just I'm extremely impressed with this one, as this turned out a hell of a lot better than I thought it would be! So first off, we have Mei-Fang from Aionos~

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Mei-Fang-Shocking-Invert

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Mei-Fang-Shocking-Hair

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Mei-Fang-Shocking-2Frame

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 MeiFangSprites

I gave him this challenge to see just how well he'd be able to handle a robotic character, one that doesn't have a skeleton like he's been dealing with. I must say...again...I am extremely impressed with it, and it really shows that he's improved his spriting skills over the year he's been working on this project (has it been a year yet? I honestly don't know now!).

Next up, is a Midnight Bliss from Sky79, for Hinako.

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Hinako

Hm. For some reason, I get a certain vibe from this Midnight Bliss....like I could somewhat say what it's based around, but at the same time I can't put my finger on it >_<

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:56 pm

SURPRISE!

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Midnight_bliss_sanae_2_by_xenomic-d37hvj3

Yup! Midnight Bliss for Sanae, completely done....but I haven't done a Midnight Bliss in ages....so could that mean someone ELSE did? Why yes actually! THIS particular Midnight Bliss...was done by S.Y.D.. That's right, S.Y.D. is helping on this project now, and I have to say, I'm glad he is! You'll be getting pretty nice quality Midnight Blisses from him, as opposed to my mediocre ones from the past ^^;

And ah right.....just checking in with you Igniz to see if you managed to do anything yet! Well....if you've had any time to do anything that is~

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:54 pm

Nothing yet, Xenomic, I've been busy editing/customizing Falchion22's Castlevania X as well as doing maskless R. Mika sprites. But I'll take on the MB/shock edits soon... before the month ends, I hope.

About MB Sanae, they're very good... not... excellent sprites. Even when the baseis still slightly noticeable, his MB is masterfully edited and a pleasure to the eye.
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:56 pm

Mm....I'm looking, but not seeing what it's edited from. Maybe I just don't pay too much attention to that anymore lol. Or it's edited in a way that I don't notice it at all~

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:09 am

Xenomic wrote:not seeing what it's edited from.
CvS Mai.

Last edited by igniz on Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:11 am

Oooooh. I see now, though only on the first sprite. Not sure on the 2nd yet, but I do see it on the first for sure~ Took me a minute though lol.

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:52 pm

New update! Yet another from Aionos, this time for Heart Aino~

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 2 Heart_aino_electrocuted_by_xenomic-d38f31f

Not much for me to say here anymore really! ^^;

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:22 pm

Nice edit. Though the election of the first frame seems a little weird to me, the second a third sprites easily make up for it. Two thumbs up for Aionos. Very Happy
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:14 pm

Still waiting on a few more things before I post anything new here from Aionos or S.Y.D.~

So then Igniz, how goes your spriting? Any progress at all~ ^^

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:57 am

None right now, mate, I've been busy making music with eJay and FL Studio, as well as still editing stages for Falchion22's Castlevania X. Razz
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next