Spriters Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project

5 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Should this project continue or not?

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 0

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 Empty Re: Midnight Bliss and Shock Project

Post  Xenomic Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:54 pm

Coming up, Ikumi Amawasa from Eternal Fighter Zero from Aionos~

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 Ikumi_amawasa_electrocuted_gif_by_xenomic-d4kjm63

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 Ikumi_amawasa_electrocuted_spritesheet_by_xenomic-d4kjmav

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 Empty Re: Midnight Bliss and Shock Project

Post  Xenomic Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:46 pm

And now first post updated with EVERYTHING in the project! Enjoy~

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:21 pm

Next up, Kaori Misaka, also from Eternal Fighter Zero, also done by Aionos. I have a sneaking suspicion all of those secret shocks he did are from this game!

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 Kaori_misaka_electrocuted_gif_by_xenomic-d4km011

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 Kaori_misaka_electrocuted_spritesheet_by_xenomic-d4km077

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:27 pm

And....well...umm....it seems that we get a big surprise for this one? I honestly didn't expect it! So, from Aionos, we have this next one!

KOF XIII Mai Shiranui:

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 Mai_shiranui_kof_xiii_electrocuted_spritesheet_by_xenomic-d4l30k7

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 MaiKOFXIII1Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 MaiKOFXIII2Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 MaiKOFXIII3

By far, his FINEST and BEST work that I've ever seen! My lord o_o;;

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:03 am

Wow. Mai's looks the finest. Nice well done on the shock. All of them are complete already or you have some more to work on?

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:40 pm

There's still a lot more to go through before anything gets released (I probably will just release them as spritesheets instead of character patch's mainly because of how annoying it's gotten to constantly update some of these characters....>_<).

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:32 pm

This might be the last post here seeing as how dead this place is, so the rest will be on MFG, MI, and MugenImperialLatino.

To maybe spark some more interest in the Midnight Bliss section (and maybe for those that want to custom sprite something interesting for the project. For whom, I don't know. Maybe they can use the designs for some other characters!), I'll post the ones for a game that probably some people haven't even seen (nor care for): Cross Edge.

Normal Enemies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdFgiNnqvcY

Bosses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEj8FoYXBOM

Some of these are really nice, though others I just don't care for (Morrigan's of course, and Etna's disappoints me a lot). The witch's one is very nice (though Maid MBs are common it seems)...I don't know! Maybe someone will take up the challenge to either transfer these to another style, or come up with something much better for someone (like say Morrigan or Etna?). Just my two cents on this!

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:12 pm

I know this site is already dead and I can find time to post my own sprites mostly regarding my own Openbor project.

I know it's dead but I come here anytime.

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:09 pm

Woah! Been a month already? Time sure flies doesn't it? In any case, here's a new one for you! This one by Tekkanon (!!!!), for Matou Sakura! Probably his finest work yet!

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 SakuraMatou1Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 SakuraMatou2Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 SakuraMatou3

[img width=604 height=480]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/103/8/c/matou_sakura_electrocuted_spritesheet_by_xenomic-d4w13l0.png[/img]

Yes, the yellow isn't exactly used in the sprite it seems. Dunno what to do about that sadly @_@

Also, first post updated with everything!

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:54 pm

First post updated with all of the creators of the sprites. Don't know which is better...having the names of both the creators of the sprites and the authors of the characters, or just the creators of the sprites since I'm sure people can adjust the palettes for whomever they want....what do you guys think?

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:26 pm

Next up by Aionos, while we wait on his next one, Nayuki Minase! Wait...didn't we already have her? Oh wait, this is a DIFFERENT version from the same game, with her in PJs. Yeah...I don't get it either!

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 NayukiMinaseAsleep

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 Nayuki_minase__asleep__electrocuted_spritesheet_by_xenomic-d4wxf4i

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:24 am

Ha ha ha! I like! I like! But the red lines in skeleton look like they're attached to Nayuki's "eyeballs." lol Your skeleton sprites are always awesome as they look! Keep up the fine work!

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:28 pm

^What the man above me said. Very Happy
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:53 pm

Just a fair warning and heads-up for all of ya'll who watches this topic, I'm not sure just how long this computer will last me at the rate it's going. It's been acting up something fierce lately, so if this computer goes down, it may be a long time before I manage to come back. For anyone that feels like showing there stuff without having to wait for me , go ahead and show them here in the event that my computer dies on me.

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:36 pm

And a day later, next up from Aionos, we have Leona, KOFXIII style~

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 LeonaKOFXIII1Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 LeonaKOFXIII2Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 LeonaKOFXIII3

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 Leona_heidern_kofxiii_electrocuted_spritesheet_by_xenomic-d4x1k1x

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:24 am

Not bad. :applaud: You did a great job there!

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:33 pm

And next....well, a request from me to Aionios (funny how I never spelt his name right this entire time), as a way to break the monotony of having just humans, I gave him a challenge with a non-human!

Harmir:

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 Harmir1Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 Harmir2Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 Harmir3

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 Harmir_electrocuted_spritesheet_by_xenomic-d4x5a54

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:13 pm

And another from Aionios, this time for Mystia Lorelei from Touhou~

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 Mystia1Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 Mystia2Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 Mystia3

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 Mystia_lorelei_electrocuted_spritesheet_by_xenomic-d4xdrik

Also, a request for a palette person. It's a simple one, but I noticed that the Daiyousei shock no longer works with Arima's character due to different palettes. Could someone be so kind as to fix that so that the shock works with it again? ^^;

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Fri May 11, 2012 12:53 am

First off, poll here for anyone that cares.

So now I come to you guys for criticism on this sprite! This is to help improve it, whether it be the sprite itself, or if a different base should be used or what.

The sprite in question:

Mystia Lorelei by ANTI-COSUMO:

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 2cxi0lv

Bases are: Hotaru, Angel, Shermie, Red Arremer (for wings)

The reference image(s):

Spoiler:

From one of my friends that has critiqued the sprite, he states that the pose is too manly and doesn't look womanly enough, and that it doesn't have that "Mystia feel" to it. He doesn't know how to explain that last part. Also of mention, he states that the abs are too "six-packed". That's what he says...

My only criticism is that the wings don't look right and the abs.

What is everyone else's opinions on this? Should there be a different base used? Anything to touch up on on this sprite?

Also, if anyone wants to touch up on the sprite themselves, or try this in a different base/height, go for it! The Midnight Blisses will be coming in now to make up for the long time of no Midnight Blisses!

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Thu May 24, 2012 2:02 am

Alright, so time to post some stuff I found during my searching of the net! Some of these date pretty far back (some to 2008). Let's begin shall we? Mind you, this is going to be a BIG post....

These all came from some forum that I don't recall now...if you cannot guess who is who it goes in this order: Andy Bogard, Ash Crimson, Billy Kane, Yuki (from Last Blade), and Yuri Sakazaki. There were more but ehhh. Didn't think they were worth grabbing. I COULD try to find em again if I'm lucky, but probably won't...@_@

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 BlissedAndyMidnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 BlissedAshMidnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 BlissedBillyWPoleMidnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 BlissedYukiMidnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 BlissedYuri

The next 3 came from a Mugenchina thread back in 2008, from a user named ricardotbest. I remember talking to this guy (he was gonna help but he randomly disappeared). Sadly, these are all in JPG format, so in order for them to even be useful to the project (since I'm going to adopt them into it like the above), they'll need retouched upon in PNG if anyone wants to give that a go.

The three are Iroha (maid into maid? Sure, why not!?), Sissy (from dat one game), and Gato Futaba.

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 MidnightBlissIroharicardotbestMidnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 MidnightBlissSissyricardotbestMidnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 MidnightBlissGatoricardotbest

Now, there ARE a couple other Midnight Blisses that I got, but one is a bit inappropriate methinks to post on the forums, and the other isn't that great. However, I did come across a couple other things from a Japanese imageboard (I'm not saying which...I'm not putting anyone here through the hell of going through that board...let's just say it's NOT something for regular people unless you mental block EVERYTHING out...;_Wink

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 1329385482071

Ya know, I've only really seen maybe one or two Lens that have a shock animation, but it's just the EFZ styled version. This one I actually like as it seems more unique (does it use any original sprites?). Also, only Len I've seen with the Burn and Frozen sprites too (no other Lens that I know of ever had these). And of course, that barrel special from Unknown and the buttered food of doom.

Midnight Bliss and Shock Project - Page 5 1335629829893

This one actually caught me by surprise, as well...you don't ever see Sangue=Passare like ever. And for it to be on a hi-res character...of course, considering it's a female, that seems to be, as I expected, the most obvious place for people to go with this. Sure, this has nothing to do with Midnight Blisses or Shocks, but thought I'd share. Keep in mind that once upon a time, this project was going to have Burn and Sangue=Passare too!

Next, thanks to Chamat, here....have the SVC Chaos and CFJ Midnight Blisses! Or what he could get of them thus far...I haven't had the time to look for the others nor get the ones remaining from any MUGEN characters...so if anyone wants to get to that, go for it!

SVC Chaos:
Spoiler:

Capcom Fighting Jam/Evolution:

Spoiler:

I could post up what I have for Darkstalkers and Cross Edge in here too. Should I go ahead and do that for ya guys? For Cross Edge, I'd just post the sheet that has the Midnight Bliss on it (some of them are just too much a pain in the ass to put together so....).

So yeah, there's that. Again, dunno if you guys want a resource topic for these official sprites or not (I might just biomerge the Shock resource topic with the Midnight Bliss one...). I'll also get the shocks that I don't have yet for that project later.

Whew, that was a doozy! And to think, there's going to be a LOT more coming soon! All of them being official stuff at that! Still looking for anyone willing to accept those challenges too! @_@

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Sat May 26, 2012 7:31 am

Those Midnight Blisses of the SVC chars really scare the hell out of me looking like they're corpses showing bones, but they look good. Smile Nice edits.

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:48 pm

http://www.spriters-resource.com/other_systems/persona4arena/

So yeah, I was alerted to these today by someone on DeviantArt that these Persona 4 Arena sprites were just uploaded. Surprising I must say...so I'm going to share them here. This is two-fold of course...one is to share them of course, because wow if the sprites aren't gorgeous. The second? Well...this is to see if anyone won't take up a challenge. What's the challenge? The challenge is to take one of the characters and "update" their shock sprites. That's it! This is something similar to what I proposed with BlazBlue too but....

(I totally am not hoping that someone "updates" Yukiko's or Labrys' at all...Yukiko's is totally not my favorite out of the bunch and I am totally not requesting this out of anyone what are you talking about. No, I cannot pay for this because I am poor, but would if I could...maybe...)

So yeah...enjoy the new sprites, and I hope to see someone take up the challenge. It'll be both good for the project and good for you as well, since this is going to probably be a good challenge to try, eh?

The characters:

Spoiler:

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:46 pm

Elizabeth doesn't have a skeletal form. Bet she's not human.

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:48 pm

More than likely. I don't know anything about Persona though, so I can't say anything about her (I could've sworn she was a robot too like Aigis, but I guess not? She doesn't even show mechanical parts so....).

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenomic Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:30 pm

To liven things up, Tiki by UJI was updated. One of the things updated in her was a new shock. However, this isn't from THIS project, but an original one. Not that -I'M- complaining, it still looks rather nice. So let's have a comparison between em eh? First will be Aionios', then UJI's. I'll put these in Spoilers because UJI's does contain some...material.

Spoiler:

Which one do YOU like better? It's really hard to say. Both are really detailed I think and fit well. @_@;

Also, still looking for people willing to take up some of my own challenges for this project as well~

Xenomic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next