Which kind of sprite edit were you inspired from?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Which kind of sprite edit were you inspired from?

Post  Street Fighter on Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:17 am

Lemme begin....

After a month of starting Mugen, I was trying out with Jessica Smoke's characters. At first, I didn't know that they were the bases from Rage of the Dragons characters till I saw the originals. A month later after playing 'em, I was inspired by Jessica Smoke's sprite edits, which led me to do so.

Street Fighter

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Which kind of sprite edit were you inspired from?

Post  NiO on Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:02 pm

well, not sure about the sprites that influences me to make edits...

surely I remember some as Rikard work (higly recommended) and Churky...

in fact, I saw the Lien Neville (I think it was cvs sttle) by Churky and makes me wanted to make that char... at first my idea was just a kind of spriteswap, since about coding I'm on 0.0% knowledge
xD

and yeah, there's plenty of material that makes me want to edit sprites, like color separation on chars, original-edited chars, etc etc
they make mugen fun to play, and I want to colaborate with that kind of stuff

NiO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ? on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:06 pm

tetchi warner and inspired me

?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz on Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:29 pm

I started editing sprites from the Mega Man X series on July 2001, around a year before I discovered MUGEN, in part becuse of a story of mine about - to put it simple - some sort of futuristic Maverick Hunters-like team (the MMX sprites were perfect to portray some of my characters in a game style), and in part because I wanted to see new armors for X and Zero, as well as new enemies and weapons for both the Classic and X series. I also made a few edits from other platform games and a handful of fakes from MK and MMX, just for the heck and pleasure of it.

Aside from minimal edits here and there and ripping and cleaning-up a lot of chars, the first sprites I edited from fighting games in a significant way were made until January 2005, being those the ones I always use on my sig, which you can appreciate below this text, along with a 2D version of Blair Dame made around the same time (I might post her here). I should add that the Armored Zangief was intended to be a full character and Blair was supposed to have an entire sprite sheet, but both were left incomplete due to a HD crash in mid-2005 and I haven't retaken the work since then.

igniz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  NiO on Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:03 am

I can't see sigs so I have to look about it D:

didn't know about those... it's cool to know those "flashback"

I remember my first edits were some Standing animations for chars (like k9999 by zelgadis) and others, I was experimenting, but my bad luck was that I lost everything in the HD crash... Sad

NiO

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz on Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:00 pm

These are the sprites I'm talking about:

Yep, frankenspriting. The 'Gief was supposed to be further edited and have red color, though.

Argh... those HD crashes... I curse them one thousand times! Mad
We oughta create a support team for those affected by this phenomenon: Rehabilitation Center for Victims of Hard Disk Crashes, or RCVHDC.

igniz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content Today at 7:19 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top