Spriters Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs

+2
NiO
Street Fighter
6 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 4 Empty Re: My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs

Post  Street Fighter Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:32 am

Thank you for voting. Smile

I posted the two animations of Ruben's right palm for his walk in a few forums including this site. Well, here's the current result of the vote on his animations.

Forum = Anim 1 - Anim 2

Lavalit = 0 - 1
Spriters Academy (dead forum) = 0 - 1
TriggerAll = 0 - 1

So far: Total = 0 - 3

Animation 2... if you have a chance to vote for animation 1, you can do so. I think it's not the end of the result yet till further notice.

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 4 Empty Re: My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs

Post  igniz Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:49 am

Do you have other alternate animations such as this one, or this is an exception?
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:23 am

Ummm.... You mean like I have other animations like attacks, jump, fall, pain, etc.? If so, I can post up if you like me to show what they're like.

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:17 pm

Sure, but only if there are two versions of them with certain differences, just like the one you posted.
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:15 pm

Two differences for each part? Two differences in a punch animation for example?

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:38 pm

Precisely. Animations that feature slight differences in their sprites - as I said, just like the two versions of the "right palm" walk you posted here. But only if you effectively have these, and only if you need some help in deciding which onne to use. Wink
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:04 pm

Right now, I don't have anymore of the two different versions of each animation. Until I need help with the sprite(s) especially for animation. I'm bad in animating sprites though. I think I can PM you with some edits I have for my project.

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:15 am

Sure, if I can be of any help to the project, feel free to PM me.
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:32 pm

I said I would send you a PM about the edits I have. OK. I thought of showing you all of the anims of Ruben I have in PM. Now I'm posting on a few pics I have. I changed the tip of the stick into a bat for Billy. Also, I edited Ruben's punch attack but I think it looks weird. I'm planning to have a guest char palette swap on any character from any videogame, movie, TV, etc.

Tip changed to bat:
My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 4 Billy_bat_run_01

Ruben's punch:
My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 4 Ruben_punch_anim

Guest char palette swap:
My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 4 Guest_char_palettes

I use CVS Rock colors as a palette edit for Billy, for example. You can give me reference on which character I can try to swap colors. I'm not skillful in doing CVS colors but just my own.

Any suggestions?

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:13 am

1. The bat doesn't look like a bat at all.
2. Indeed, the punch looks really weird. You oughta change it. (By the way, Ruben/Raven still looks a lot like Iori; you should change his clothes, if even a little)
3. I can help you with the CvS palettes, if you want.
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:12 pm

Wow. How did you get the blue font on your nick, igniz?! Are you now a moderator or something? How did you get promoted?

The bat doesn't look like a bat at all.

It's been 2 years I've never finished editing the weapons since I did post up on my first anim of Billy's bat run. This year, I started editing it to fix the tip. Is it too long? Do I need to shorten the length of it some more?

Indeed, the punch looks really weird. You oughta change it. (By the way, Ruben/Raven still looks a lot like Iori; you should change his clothes, if even a little)

I frankensprited his upper body of his low punch for a normal punch. I was trying to make him punch showing his front, but I was placing his head in the wrong way for animation. I was following Iori's head for placing Ruben/Raven's head over. Oops. Forgot to align his position for animation though. The reference for Ruben/Raven really comes from one boss character from Gekido: Kintaro's Revenge. That boss character is Koji. This is why I frankensprite using Kim and Iori.

http://sdb.drshnaps.com/display.php?object=3260

I can help you with the CvS palettes, if you want.
Thanks. Smile

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:47 am

Street Fighter wrote:Wow. How did you get the blue font on your nick, igniz?! Are you now a moderator or something? How did you get promoted?
No, I'm the same regular ol' user. Do you see my nick in other color? It appears in the regular orange to me.

Street Fighter wrote:Is it too long? Do I need to shorten the length of it some more?
It's too long, indeed. Also, you need to widen it as you go to the top. Quoting myself from this same topic:

igniz wrote:Now check these baseball bats:

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 4 Baseball_bats My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 4 Youth-bats-small

Street Fighter wrote:The reference for Ruben/Raven really comes from one boss character from Gekido: Kintaro's Revenge. That boss character is Koji. This is why I frankensprite using Kim and Iori.
"Good idea, not very well executed", to say it in some way. You should take other sprites as base for such animation - there are many that can be better adjusted to it.
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:01 am

Here is the CVS palette style I did, but they really suck as hell 'cause some look too bright and some look too dark. I might need help with the CVS palette style, but no need for creating a palette file not like Mugen. I only need colors edited.

Warning: Under the spoiler tag is a very big image. If you want to click the picture, you can see the whole thing (for those who can see the one cut but not full).

Spoiler:

Thanks. Smile

About the bat, I never thought of using a baseball bat though. But you're right. I just saw the video of Double Dragon openbor game created by one Brazilian guy. The video's in Portuguese though. Plus there was a complete version that has English in it. Just showing you where the bat is. @2:33-3:??

Thanks again, Igniz. I will use that bat he used. I already played mod years ago.

EDIT: I'm thinking of using the CVS Rock base for Johnny Boy. I am def gonna need help on spriting his jacket or coat. Otherwise I sprite with the Nihonohkami's Gale into ROTD/CVS for him or edit on Dante (another CVS Rock edit for Nestor's Capcom Fighting All-Stars Mugen project).

Last edited by Street Fighter on Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:48 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : CVS Rock base for Johnny Boy (needing help on spriting him))

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Thu May 10, 2012 6:44 am

OK. Here is the new look of Johnny Boy. I decided to use CVS Rock as a base for him since Markus Spears uses Jeff on his own with a CVS Ryo base. Before I used to use CVS Rock for Jeff till he made one on his own. HEEEEEEEEEERE'S Johnny (Boy)!!!!!:

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 4 Johnnyboy_idle_anim

Please excuse the colors. I made the colors messed up. His clothes are supposed to be all black. Markus Spears gave me some good colors. But then I started making them my own. Although my use of colors looks bad, the look of the sprite is very excellent. I like the sprite. I will need to change colors or I will put Markus's colors I asked him to make.

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Thu May 10, 2012 7:31 pm

You need to further edit that pose - his coat is completely still from the waist down, when it should be moving accordingly to his shoulders.
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Fri May 11, 2012 3:55 pm

igniz wrote:You need to further edit that pose - his coat is completely still from the waist down, when it should be moving accordingly to his shoulders.
But how?

Yeah, my friend pointed me out on the lower part of the jacket. That needs movements. What I'm struggling is the shoulder movement. At least it's my first try on the shoulders though. I was doing this as a tryout.

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:54 am

I got permission from Sean Altly if I could use his Snow character for edit. Thank goodness that Sean let me use his char to edit as an enemy. He's an agent.

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 4 Agenta

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4