Spriters Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs

+2
NiO
Street Fighter
6 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 3 Empty Re: My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs

Post  Street Fighter Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:41 am

Yeah, I suck in shading. I was tryna make a shading somewhat like in CVS or ROTD style. I'm not good in focusing on the light source, BUT I do understand about the light source's direction. From what I've heard, for CVS style, you should have the light source direction downwards above the character. But I don't know its direction for ROTD style. Probably diagonal? I hope it's not KOF form with its left direction facing the char.

@markus spears: What type of style do you call it? Is it a SeanAltly-like?

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 3 Empty Re: My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs

Post  markus spears Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:16 pm

yeah, something like that, because seanaltly is a big influence on my style, and I call it "MNK style"
markus spears
markus spears

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:00 pm

What does MNK stand for? Never mind.... I'll post some later. mark, I'll PM you what move Jeff will do for OpenBOR.

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 3 Empty CVS (off-topic)

Post  Street Fighter Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:38 am

igniz wrote:Yeah, there some tutorials about SFA/CvS shading out there. Let me find them and I'll post the links here. Wink
So where're the tutorials for SFA/CVS shading? I don't see 'em around in MFG.

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:44 pm

I forgot to post this yesterday because the power went off so I couldn't get online. Well, I just post to show one of the bosses running animation for the hair. I did the head swap, but I suck in animation his hair. I want it to be animated NATURALLY.

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 3 Rubenrunanimation1

Spoiler:

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:36 pm

Why don't you take Kim's hair as a base?

P.S.: I still owe you the tutorials, don't think that I've forgot. Wink
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:58 am

But this is Kim's hair exactly. That's what I'm using.

Yotatouch helped me with his hair and I'm proud of it so far. I was struggling witht the anim but this one is getting better. 👍 I hope this is done and the best. Smile

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 3 Rubenrunanimation12

At first, I didnt think it was good, but later, I started to realize this is becoming useful.

Last edited by Street Fighter on Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to write...)

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:52 am

Two monts later, but here are the tutorials I told you about. Two about sprites:

http://www.gas13.ru/v3/tutorials/sywtbapa_almighty_grass_tile.php
http://judas.piiym-net.com/3dtut/

...and one about anti-aliasing:

http://www.gas13.ru/v3/tutorials/handmade_antialiasing.php

I hope they are useful to you, buddy.
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:57 pm

I used Gale's upper body and Jimmy's lower body for Johnny Boy's run animation. Also I made some edits on him. I don't know if he looks good with it though.

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 3 Johnnyboyrunanim

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:33 am

Looks good, but it has the same problemas before: the coat and the pants have different shading styles.

Also, the coat looks a bit stiff - it needs more movement, more "flow".
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:25 pm

About the coat and the pants, I used the same colors from both my idle and walk animations of this guy. I can see that the pants looks too dark on the outside. I palettte-swapped Jimmy's default pants colors to his from both anims I mentioned. They're the same colors I got to swap. If someone can help edit the coat and pants, that's fine with me. Smile

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:46 pm

Been a long time. I just did Johnny Boy's shooting attack last night, but I don't know which color would be better for him. Johnny Boy is portrayed as a mafia/gang leader, whatever you call. His appearance is, as you know, all black in his outfit. I frankensprited him using the two character bases, Billy and Elias of ROTD. I was happy for it though.

Which color for Johnny Boy do you think he's better? If you don't think the colors don't look good for him, then tell me which other color(s) you like to see. I need help to see which color is better.

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 3 Whichjbcolor

Here are the color differences according to this pic.

A. Gray coat, shirt, and cap
B. Light black coat, light black shirt, and gray cap
C. Black coat and cap, and light black shirt
D. Dark grayish coat and cap, and dark (little bit light) shirt
E. Light grayish coat and cap, and dark (little bit light) shirt
F. Light grayish coat and cap, and darkest (blackest) shirt (same color as the pants)
G. Black coat and cap, and dark (little bit light) shirt
H. Black coat and cap, darkest (blackest) pants (same color as the pants)

Also, here's another animation from Ruben which is his jump attack.

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 3 Rubenjumpattackanimatio

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:09 am

My vote goes to palette C.

It would be a good idea if you make a color scheme similar to the mentioned C, but with the shirt having the gray of A's coat.
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:10 am

OK. I voted for H, since I want him black. But it's okay if you suggested me to do so. Smile I'm gonna wait for other members to vote in Lavalit so I can pick which color to choose. I can post up as your color suggestion as other, rather than the pic I posted. Smile I'm looking forward for the highest vote for it though.

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:29 pm

I already asked Sean Altly for permission if I could use his Garret sprite for Johnny Boy. I find that using Gale for him is difficult due to KOF shading. I know I'm bad in shading. I won't be using the Gale base (made by Nihonohkami). Now I'm using the Garret sprite but some or many parts are different. My main focus for him is to shoot like, let's say Revolver Ocelot. I'm not gonna make him shoot in a cowboy style. I think I may have to change the color of his shirt. It looks blue.

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 3 Idle01
Johnny Boy
Based on Garret by Sean Altly (thanks for your permission and I credit you for it Wink)

Also, I have the palette swap in CVS style. But I'm not sure of choosing which palette as for default whether (I choose) the original or my CVS styled palette swap. I was inspired by Sean Altly after looking at his PIM Keith in CVS paletted style. Which one do you think it's better?

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 3 Palettedemonstration

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:26 pm

I'd go with any of the two CvS styled pals.

Furthermore, you could also use a CvS2 Rock, since he has CvS pals and shading already.
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:16 pm

Actually, for Billy's blue color, I used Rugal's blue palette to swap on it. Who else? Oh, the CVS Rock yellow hair too. Even I used CVS Terry's skin color on Billy's skin and his white/blue on Billy's white part(s).

For Jimmy, I used CVS Kyo's skin color on Jimmy's skin. But for the other colors, I forgot whose colors I used from. Have you played my demo yet? If not, I'll send you a PM. Smile

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:55 am

I'll be gladly waiting for that PM then. Wink
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:37 pm

PM already sent. Sorry for not letting you know about this.

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  markus spears Sun May 08, 2011 10:56 am

hey! sorry for don't show progress about jeff, i just wanted to be better at spriting before start with him
but now, I'm back and ready to sprite him, i have some methods and i already planned a moveset for him (it's pretty cool for me, but you can give me some suggestions later)

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 3 Jeffffffffffffffffffff I'ts a new design and the second sprite it's not finished BTW

for me, he should be a taunter and a kickboxer, with some funny comicbook-style random stuff

PD: i checked your facebook message you sent to me, I must apologize and help you now with jeff, dragon duo is a great idea Very Happy

PD2: loving the new johnny boy design, he needs some fixes here and there but it's awesome Cool
markus spears
markus spears

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Sun May 08, 2011 8:45 pm

(applauding/clapping hands) MAN!!! That's so fucking awesome sprite you got there!!!!! Now that's way more better than before. Dude, I'm so glad you took your time for Jeff, and I'm sorry for rushing you. Wait is better than just rush. I honestly LOVE the new look of Jeff, very much. You're a lot better in spriting this. If you want to sprite Jeff on your own, I welcome you to do that. You can think of how Jeff fight like other kickboxers do. In part of my own story in Dragon Duo, Jeff is Jimmy's rival and enemy, but probably he will be located in South Korea or France, as a boss.

Damn it. I forgot about the Rick base from Fatal Fury.

I can tell about this character. He's gonna be a way hell of an ass-kicking kickboxer, but more than just a regular kickboxer.

Thanks for the compliments on Johnny Boy. Smile I wanted to pick the right look for him especially for his shooting. That's the main part I really want.

Can I post up your new jeff sprite in Lavalit?

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  markus spears Mon May 09, 2011 3:44 am

yeah, if you wanna post him, go ahead man Very Happy
also, i'm almost no using bases (i'm drawing these sprites based on a stickman model by me, so it's a bit complicated).

tell me what move of rick you want, and I see what i can do about it
and for me, he should be located in france, and thanks for all the compliments man Very Happy
markus spears
markus spears

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Mon May 09, 2011 6:17 am

I'm not pretty sure of his location, but I assume he should be located in South Korea. As you've seen Bruce Irvin's attacks you can probably copy that.

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:48 am

Well, I posted 2 animations of Ruben's right palm on which is the best. I'm thinking of changing his name to Raven. Guys, look at his right palm carefully. You would think they're the same, but they're different.

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 3 Ruben_right_palm_walk_anim_1

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 3 Ruben_right_palm_walk_anim_2

I know this site is dead. Still, I come here to stop by anytime I want. I know no one comes to visit here. I don't know if I release either demo or complete version, that would be my last to post in here. Otherwise, I'll keep on posting here.

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:34 am

I'd go with the second, the movement looks more natural in that one. Smile

Almost a year later, it's good to see the project is still alive and going. Regarding the site being practically dead, don't worry, I also stop here every once in a while. Wink
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next