Spriters Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs

+2
NiO
Street Fighter
6 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 2 Empty Re: My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs

Post  igniz Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:47 am

Aha! That's what I was talkin' about! He looks much better now, my friend. Very Happy;)
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 2 Empty Re: My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs

Post  Street Fighter Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:16 am

And the coat? I thought it was KOF-ish. But it looks like it seems to be ok, right?

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:32 am

a) Yeah, he looks OK. Smile
b) No, the coat is not KOF-ish.

Check this tutorial about KOF styles shading:

http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=103188.msg948216#msg948216
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 2 Empty CVS style

Post  Street Fighter Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:33 pm

What about the CVS styled shading? According to MGF, there were some posters linking to the old forum (SA) from a long time ago. I know it's already dead as we did not know of. I wonder if there is a shading style or something whatever for CVS. I do know a bit.

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:08 am

Yeah, there some tutorials about SFA/CvS shading out there. Let me find them and I'll post the links here. Wink
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:28 am

I have sprited two animations for this guy. But I have a problem with Jasc Animation sometimes for its little messy colors. I had done spriting some parts of animation. I know I have some mistake in one of the animations.

Two animations I did (idle/stand and walking).

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 2 Jbidle

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 2 Jbwalk

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  TheLordOfTheSwords Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:57 pm

Damn did you make that walk its awesome.
TheLordOfTheSwords
TheLordOfTheSwords

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:24 pm

The idle animation needs more work. As of now, it looks a little "robotic", it needs more frames; plus, the legs are completely static (which is not bad per se, but it doesn't completely fit this animation).

On the other hand, however, the walking animation came out very good. Two thumbs up for that. Wink
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:58 am

TheLordOfTheSwords wrote:Damn did you make that walk its awesome.
You think so? Thanks. Smile

igniz wrote:The idle animation needs more work. As of now, it looks a little "robotic", it needs more frames; plus, the legs are completely static (which is not bad per se, but it doesn't completely fit this animation).

On the other hand, however, the walking animation came out very good. Two thumbs up for that. Wink

So what kind of stance should I make him look good? Do I need to change the frames to delete the last three?

Thank you very much, Ig. Very Happy

Last edited by Street Fighter on Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to say thanks.)

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:58 am

Delete? No. On the contrary, you should add more frames to the stance to make it more fluid, as well as reduce the speed of each frame a little.
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  markus spears Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:55 pm

damn, johnny boy looks fucking awesome

but, the "green rock howard" needs more... originality Sad
markus spears
markus spears

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:44 pm

markus spears wrote:the "green rock howard" needs more... originality Sad
+1
But if he has original and custom moves, his graphic appearance is pushed into the background.
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:55 am

markus spears wrote:damn, johnny boy looks fucking awesome

but, the "green rock howard" needs more... originality Sad
Thanks dude. Smile I've worked so hard on spriting his body to ROTD form. A lot work.

My intention for this guy is using the CVS Rock base. I made him revamped from Jeff (one of the Double Dragon bosses in arcade) right after Billy and Jimmy of ROTD.

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  markus spears Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:58 pm

yeah, when i played double dragon was freakin funny, but i don't remember jeff, maybe you can choose a diferent base for make him different to johnny boy

any plans for the weak bitches common enemies?
markus spears
markus spears

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:11 pm

I don't know the better base for Johnny Boy. He's supposed to be a guy with a black coat and black attire. Even his cap. I'd like to make him shoot with his pistol just like Ocelot (MGS series) does. But I don't know what his attacks would look like. I need a char with a cap, coat, a handgun... there's any?

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  markus spears Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:27 pm

well, jill valentine have guns, maybe you can take some of her weapons for J.B.

and for jeff, can I try to make an edit of him? if you like it you can use it, obviously
markus spears
markus spears

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:53 am

markus spears wrote:well, jill valentine have guns, maybe you can take some of her weapons for J.B.

and for jeff, can I try to make an edit of him? if you like it you can use it, obviously

I used Hol Horse's gun for Johnny Boy before. Also, I resized it for JB's hand. I have Jill though. I'm not too certain about using the handgun because it looks big for the hands.

Could you sprite the CVS Rock into the Jeff edit I show or something on your own? If you're going to make him original based on that base, then I welcome you to edit for me and you can make him wear his different outfit maybe similar to ROTD's Jimmy and Billy. Thanks for your participation though. Very Happy I asked somebody to edit the CVS Rock edit to Jeff but he's been busy with real life stuff. Now I don't have anyone to edit for me. I'd be happy that you edit him for me. Smile I have a lot of characters, stages (some of which I haven't started making), etc. Can you make a(n) (Open)BOR character? If you don't know what to do with OpenBOR, maybe I can give you a spritesheet for how a character is like for animations, but I don't know what kind of animations for a character to be like.

I already released a demo/wip from a long time ago. I'm trying to create this game for another demo better than my last release. In my last demo, JB doesn't look like this guy I edit, but I used Jotaro as a resemblance to him.

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  markus spears Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:34 pm

hey, maybe i can help you whit the sprites, but... what moves a char need on openBOR?

well, i made him with a ryo cvs base, i hope you like it

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 2 Jeffdd

see ya bro Wink
markus spears
markus spears

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:15 pm

LOL [slap my knee in excitement] Wow. Pretty impressive! Never expected a Jeff to be like. This is so much better than my edit and he looks SOOOO original. I have CVS Ryo from MF. I'll check what moves I want.

You may need to work on his shading for his front hair though. I dunno. But it looks good probbly for CVS. But its ok.

I have some other bosses that need to be sprited to originality. I'll show them off later 'cause I have to get to work.

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  markus spears Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:17 pm

okay! i'll try my best for the sprites you want brother Very Happy
markus spears
markus spears

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:35 am

Whenever I open an image of him (along with my DD chars), he looks too bright on the hair and his front view. You need to give him some shading. He needs work.

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  markus spears Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:06 am

a diferent pallete or something like that?

and oops, i missed the lines on the hair, he looks better?

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 2 Jeffdd <-- also, some legs shading fix
markus spears
markus spears

Back to top Go down

Post  Street Fighter Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:21 am

Here's my edit so far.

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 2 Jeffedit

I made it not too bright after opening an image. When I first put it along with the ROTD chars, he looked/looks too bright.

What'cha think?

Street Fighter

Back to top Go down

Post  igniz Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:00 am

Interesting edit, but I must say that both of your versions have some errors with the shades. Check them along the original one:

My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 2 Ryo My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 2 Jeffdd My OpenBor project: Dragon Duo - WIPs - Page 2 Jeffedit

The first one (markus') removed shades, while the second one (Street's) put shades in the wrong places (in other words, the upper part of the legs)

Whenever you edit something and you're aiming for its same style, take into account that you must respect the shades and source of light of the original sprite.
igniz
igniz

Back to top Go down

Post  markus spears Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:17 pm

@igniz: yo removi sombras porque lo hice en mi estilo, no en CvS ni en ROTD
markus spears
markus spears

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next